The Mage vs Engineer Modpack is now on v1.02! Click here for info

Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Staff member
Posts : 179
Points : 476
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 19
Location : The Netherlands
View user profilehttp://www.foxcraft.co.nf/

New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 11:54
Fox Craft will get 2 new IP-addresses, and the old ones will become unusable. Please check this post again later today or early tomorrow for the new information. The server will be restored to a backup as of 31 August.

New IP-address: 5.255.85.202:26170 - please reply to this thread if there are any issues.


Last edited by Vihrul on September 1st 2014, 15:00; edited 1 time in total
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 12:01
Why is it getting a new IP address? And backuped?
Staff member
Posts : 179
Points : 476
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 19
Location : The Netherlands
View user profilehttp://www.foxcraft.co.nf/

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 12:15
These are simply precautions, as we experienced a DDoS-attack a few days ago and it was difficult for our server to restore immediately. The backup is because the server automatically makes one big backup every 24 hours, but I forgot to manually make one before purchasing the new IP-address and shutting the old one down. Blame me for that.
Active Member
Posts : 25
Points : 30
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-09
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 12:20
I am guessing new IPs mean less chance of getting DDoS
Grasshopper
Posts : 6
Points : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-23
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 12:45
so...after it come back up, will everything be exactly how it was right before the crash or will it be maybe hours before the crash?
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:07
what a wonderful day to spend labor day >.> waiting for the foxcraft ip xD
Active Member
Posts : 24
Points : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-25
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:20
Vihrul wrote:I forgot to manually make one before purchasing the new IP-address and shutting the old one down. Blame me for that.

Oh noes, if i have to do the villager part again on the iron titan i will be very sad...
Grasshopper
Posts : 6
Points : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-23
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:25
I had been grinding skeletons for 5 hours before it crashed
Active Member
Posts : 25
Points : 30
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-09
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:28
When did you build it wilix? It was saved in the 31st, hopefully you dont lose anything ;b
Active Member
Posts : 24
Points : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-25
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:42
I got tired yesterday (actually today, at that time it was already 1st of september) at 3:00AM GTM+1. Havent logged in since.
Staff member
Posts : 179
Points : 476
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 19
Location : The Netherlands
View user profilehttp://www.foxcraft.co.nf/

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 14:58
Ponchieoo wrote::/ why would purchasing a new server prevent us from being DDoss'ed again? Did you downgrade the server too?
I didn't purchase a new server, I purchased a new IP. I did not down- or upgrade anything.

GJM_48 wrote:so...after it come back up, will everything be exactly how it was right before the crash or will it be maybe hours before the crash?
It will simply be rolled back to how everything was on the end of August the 30th, so August the 31th.
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:24
turn off spawn protection in the .properties file
Grasshopper
Posts : 6
Points : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-23
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:34
Im just going to throw this idea out there, unsure if anyone will support it, but what if we just waited until 1.8 come out and restart everything?
Active Member
Posts : 25
Points : 30
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-09
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:36
GJM_48 wrote:Im just going to throw this idea out there, unsure if anyone will support it, but what if we just waited until 1.8 come out and restart everything?

what about no. ;D

The reset was one month ago and 1.8 doesn't add much to the world generation that cant be found in a 1.7 world ( only temples but you can generate new chuncks )
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:37
Everyone lost something, and to start things off why dont we just start with 1.8 now? Coreprotect isnt working anyways and most of us want it after losing alot. I think it would be the best move to stop whitelisting and move to the prerelease which are very stable.
Staff member
Posts : 44
Points : 58
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-16
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:47
No resetting. I'm ok with upgrading to 1.8 as it is. And as Vihrul said, the entire server got rolledback an entire day.

Also, I can't connect. No matter what I do I keep getting time out errors. Lag is pretty horrendous right now
Active Member
Posts : 24
Points : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-25
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:48
First of all, make a new post for that, this is for the new ip adress. Second of all, nobody will like their progress to be removed just as we started getting everything established (btw, ocean monuments should spawn in pre 1.8 oceans)
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:49
Volfgang57 wrote:No resetting. I'm ok with upgrading to 1.8 as it is. And as Vihrul said, the entire server got rolledback an entire day.

Also, I can't connect. No matter what I do I keep getting time out errors. Lag is pretty horrendous right now
Try deleteing everything in your .minecraft folder, that solved it the first time i tried logging on, obviously i backed everything up first
Staff member
Posts : 37
Points : 48
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-03-21
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:49
1.8 adds alot of new features that 1.7 doesn't have?... you can argue terrain generation but we wouldn't update til the next terrain generation patch come out and alot of people won't be happy anyway. Ik the 1.8 rendering doesn't work well with people's computer but no matter what, if we update to 1.8 and on, they all have the rerendering.
Active Member
Posts : 25
Points : 30
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-09
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:52
I would love to update to 1.8 but no reset plz ;c
Staff member
Posts : 44
Points : 58
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-16
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 15:53
Ponchieoo wrote:
Volfgang57 wrote:No resetting. I'm ok with upgrading to 1.8 as it is. And as Vihrul said, the entire server got rolledback an entire day.

Also, I can't connect. No matter what I do I keep getting time out errors. Lag is pretty horrendous right now
Try deleteing everything in your .minecraft folder, that solved it the first time i tried logging on, obviously i backed everything up first

It's only for this server. Every other server runs just fine. It's not my internet, it's not my minecraft, it's not my computer. It's the server.
Staff member
Posts : 134
Points : 209
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-01-20
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 16:00
Volfgang57 wrote:
Ponchieoo wrote:
Volfgang57 wrote:No resetting. I'm ok with upgrading to 1.8 as it is. And as Vihrul said, the entire server got rolledback an entire day.

Also, I can't connect. No matter what I do I keep getting time out errors. Lag is pretty horrendous right now
Try deleteing everything in your .minecraft folder, that solved it the first time i tried logging on, obviously i backed everything up first

It's only for this server. Every other server runs just fine. It's not my internet, it's not my minecraft, it's not my computer. It's the server.

I had the same thing happening though, i could connect to everything but foxcraft...
Staff member
Posts : 44
Points : 58
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-16
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 1st 2014, 16:06
Ponchieoo wrote:
Volfgang57 wrote:
Ponchieoo wrote:
Volfgang57 wrote:No resetting. I'm ok with upgrading to 1.8 as it is. And as Vihrul said, the entire server got rolledback an entire day.

Also, I can't connect. No matter what I do I keep getting time out errors. Lag is pretty horrendous right now
Try deleteing everything in your .minecraft folder, that solved it the first time i tried logging on, obviously i backed everything up first

It's only for this server. Every other server runs just fine. It's not my internet, it's not my minecraft, it's not my computer. It's the server.

I had the same thing happening though, i could connect to everything but foxcraft...

I'll try it then
Staff member
Posts : 179
Points : 476
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 19
Location : The Netherlands
View user profilehttp://www.foxcraft.co.nf/

Re: New IP-address

on September 2nd 2014, 10:12
We will update to the 1.8 update this Saturday. I take full blame for all of the lost work, because I was stupid enough to forget making a manual backup. Wilix and I have already come up with a "solution" to his Iron Foundry. I will turn off spawn protection right now.
Active Member
Posts : 24
Points : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-25
View user profile

Re: New IP-address

on September 2nd 2014, 10:36
Thank you Vihrul, very kind of you to listen to me and help me out, i really apreciate that.
Sponsored content

Re: New IP-address

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum