The Mage vs Engineer Modpack is now on v1.02! Click here for info

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Staff member
View user profile

To the Vanilla Community....

on October 14th 2014, 00:22
I feel awful for the Vanilla server shutdown Sad

But listen, I have something to say:

I know alot of people are frightened by the thought of 'Modded' Minecraft but that is exactly how I felt. I want to continue the active players we had on the vanilla server and bring the over to the modded survival. Modded might seem scary at first but once you get into it you can't stop. Just join to all those considering it. It is really fun and we have a pretty good server to play on.

I have kind of taken over Foxcraft unofficially? So if there is anything that you have a question on regarding the Vanilla server shut down or just general question feel free to PM me here on the forums.

Come on over to the Modded Server, it really is alot of fun Smile

-Ponch
View user profile

Re: To the Vanilla Community....

on October 14th 2014, 01:43
Another thing to consider... If you enjoy vanilla minecraft, there's nothing saying you couldn't just stick to vanilla style gaming in a modded server! Smile You don't HAVE to get into any aspect of the modded stuff that you don't want to... Just do what you do and have fun!
Forum Topper
View user profile

on October 15th 2014, 15:06
+Ill be there...... And Im Awesome..... So more fun! Very Happy
Staff member
View user profile

on October 15th 2014, 18:02
Blood Magic people can change the biomes to a vanilla biome if y'all desire Razz
View user profile

on October 16th 2014, 21:55
ohhhh can we get some REAL rainforests??? not the itty bitty ones in this modpack?
Staff member
View user profile

on October 17th 2014, 17:15
Ciarasteina wrote:ohhhh can we get some REAL rainforests???  not the itty bitty ones in this modpack?

I can always change the size of the biomes in new generated area :p
View user profile

on October 17th 2014, 19:07
I have an oppinion on this topic. I loved the first foxcarft server, and it suddenly dispeared without anyone knowing why, then it came back up, new map, new people, and just as i got started on big projects, got down again, no news about where is vihrul or anything. And i joined modded just to see how good modsauce was, and all i find is permanent lag, mod problems, crashes, people griefing and not a good way to see who/when.

So i just give up, i los 20$ i donated to the server just before the shut down, and i dont even care, if foxcraft comes back up again im gonna wait like 2-3 months before playing just to make sure that time is for real.

So sorry guys but im not going to play modded, in fact, you can take my stuff if it isnt have already been griefed. Im sorry, but im pretty pissed off.
Forum Topper
View user profile

on October 18th 2014, 22:23
Wilix95 wrote:I have an oppinion on this topic. I loved the first foxcarft server, and it suddenly dispeared without anyone knowing why, then it came back up, new map, new people, and just as i got started on big projects, got down again, no news about where is vihrul or anything. And i joined modded just to see how good modsauce was, and all i find is permanent lag, mod problems, crashes, people griefing and not a good way to see who/when.

So i just give up, i los 20$ i donated to the server just before the shut down, and i dont even care, if foxcraft comes back up again im gonna wait like 2-3 months before playing just to make sure that time is for real.

So sorry guys but im not going to play modded, in fact, you can take my stuff if it isnt have already been griefed. Im sorry, but im pretty pissed off.
Ok No. 1 I havent seen any mod problems and No. 2 I havent seen any greifing. You sure about that?
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 01:06
Wilix95... I'm not sure if that's your handle on the actual server, and if it is, I'm sorry to say I don't recall ever seeing you online... ever. If you saw any griefing, it was probably due to one specific individual who will probably never show his face again. There was significant lag problems for a while, but since Ponch changed hosts, that has been resolved, at least drastically improved. I understand if you don't want to invest your time in a server you deem unreliable, but I wish you'd pop up and just investigate the new server again. If you're still having problems, please let us know! Thanks!
Staff member
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 09:42
wil, there was lag and griefers at the beginning, but not so much now. Ponch has found a good host and i lag hardly. there aren't any griefers or anything. but i understand if you want to leave. I was mad about foxcraft disappearing again and again. Hopefully, it won't happen now.
Forum Topper
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 10:35
+Mods are awesome. Cant argue with that. Agreed?
Staff member
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 12:23
Wilix95 wrote:I have an oppinion on this topic. I loved the first foxcarft server, and it suddenly dispeared without anyone knowing why, then it came back up, new map, new people, and just as i got started on big projects, got down again, no news about where is vihrul or anything. And i joined modded just to see how good modsauce was, and all i find is permanent lag, mod problems, crashes, people griefing and not a good way to see who/when.

Really? I have addressed all the things that you have complained about in the post since the start-up. We now have PRISM for all greifing, it logs all data now working flawlessly unlike coreprotect which we had. It wouldn't work on the old host for god knows why. The Lag is always somewhat expected on a Modded Beta Modpack Server and there will always be crashes just like any other server there is.... Its a Beta Modpack, didnt know what you expected But we have a new Host that is a lot more premium quality then the last. The old Host was giving major CPU lag so I changed. Foxcraft Modded is under a different Administration than Vanilla. I will never let this server die. People's happiness is always my first priority and always will be. Come onto the Modded Server one last time.... See what you think before leaving :/

Grasshopper
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 18:44
I would love to join modded and I LOVE modded but for me there is just one really big problem: I can't handle modsauce ;(, I would love to play with you guys again and have fun but since Vihrul dissapeard I can't. I hope to see you soon again ;(((
Grasshopper
View user profile

on October 19th 2014, 19:05
Hey ponch, I have a 25 man 2500 mb RAM server that I dont use, if you ever have plans for re-booting the vanilla community let me know ;D
View user profile

on October 20th 2014, 16:11
Yes, im talking about the start of the server, when we had to make a list of banned items because they were crashing, (that, btw, takes about 5-10 minutes to reload minecraft), when my items were disappearing and coreprotect said everything was normal, and when lag from the host + lag from my connection made it unplayable.

Im not saying you dont work hard, ponch, Im saying that at the time i was playing (for me) it wasnt as fun and cool as you guys said in the first posts on this topic. And its just my opinion.

I really hope those problems are fixed now, and everyone can play and have fun, but i wont be loggin in anytime soon. And its just my decision.

Sorry to say goodbye for now, guys, but dont get me wrong, i loved playing with everyone of you and im sorry if someone felt insulted.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum